Jude Keenan, who graduated from CVC last year, was awarded as top student in 2021 for Subject Exhibition Earth and Environmental Science. Jude also received a Subject Certificate of Excellence Earth and Environmental Science and a Certificate of Distinction at the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) Awards Night held at Government House last Friday evening. Congratulations, Jude! Here’s what Jude had to say when we asked him how he felt about the recognition he received:

“Receiving this award gave me a sense of pride and relief as the years of hard work throughout high school had resulted in this. My time at CVC was amazing with great friends, teachers and an overall culture to strive for success. My experience at CVC was full of fun moments with teachers and friends whilst learning so much. Mrs Veiga was extremely influential to my education and success, with her want for her students to succeed; her stringent marking; her ability to explain difficult concepts in an easy to understand way and the way she instilled the idea that anyone can reach their goals if the work is put in. Amazing field trips from her class are some of my greatest memories. Thank you to all my teachers, friends and CVC for pushing me to try my hardest and giving me the knowledge and skills to receive this award.” ~ Jude

Jude and his Earth and Environmental Science teacher – Mrs Veiga