Canning Vale College (CVC) was established in 2004. The college has grown along with the area and the team at CVC aim to create a future for every child in the Canning Vale community. At CVC we believe a strong partnership between parents, students and our staff will ensure we achieve our aim. Our goal of Creating Futures is achieved when each student has the knowledge, skills and values to successfully move onto University, TAFE or the workforce.
CVC currently has approximately 1700 students in Years 7 to 12. The benefit of a large, new college is the variety of subject choices and resources including specialist teachers and 'state of the art' facilities offering every child the best chance of achieving at the highest level.
2018 SUBJECT SELECTIONS
All current Year 7, 8 and 9 students (2017) are required to select their subjects for 2018 during Weeks 8 and 9, Term 2.
Canning Vale College uses the Subject Selections Online (SSO) program for all subject selections.
SSO will open for current students to make selections for 2018 on the dates listed below:
Years 7, 8 and 9 2017
Year 10 2017
(Further information regarding Year 11 2018 subject selections will be sent to parents of Year 10 students later on this term.)
Students and parents may log in and out of the system as many times as they need to during the above times to complete their selections.
To access SSO please follow the steps below:
- Click on this SSO icon. This will take you to the SSO login page.
- Click on “Obtain PIN/Password” at the top of the grey box on the right side of this screen. Type your email address in the blank field within the grey box on the left side of the screen. Click on the “Send email” button. Within a few minutes you will receive an email containing your Login and Password details from SSO.
The email address required to receive login details is the Parent/Guardian No. 1 recorded in your child’s school records. Please ensure that the school has your current email address.
- Once logged into SSO follow the instructions at each step to make selections.
- have not provided CVC with an email address, or
- need to update your email address, or
- have any issues using SSO, please contact Vanessa Bromfield 9334 9084.
The College conducts tours each term during Week 3. There will be a 9am tour and a 6pm tour. Please book at CVC Tours
2018 Year 7 Enrolments
Please go to the How to Enrol tab on this website for more information about enrolling at CVC.
CVC Special Programs
Please go to the Specialist Programs tab on this website and follow the links to download information and application forms for our Special Programs.
Canning Vale College currently provides all students with access to Your Tutor. The online service connects students with expert teachers and tutors who are able to assist with homework/assignment help and feedback. Please click here for more information.