Year 9 & 10 Students Try A Trade
In Week 5 this Term fourteen Year 9 and 10 students had to opportunity to participate in the 4 day Skillhire Try A Trade Program.
Deciding what to do after school can be a difficult decision and some students aren’t aware of all the options available to them. The Try A Trade Program provides students with an opportunity to 'have a go' at various trade based occupations – in this case, carpentry and bricklaying.
Over four days the program covered:
- Basic understanding of OHS standards and site signage
- Basic hand and technical skills
- Practical projects
- Workplace behaviour, verbal communication and workplace expectations
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Planning, prioritising and organising work tasks
- Personal protective clothing and equipment