Given the information provided last night via a Television press conference and a WebEx with the Director General of Education this morning at 9:00am I wish to provide you with the following update.
- Schools are open, other than three (3) in the northern suburbs that have been identified as contact venues.
- Should parents/caregivers choose to keep students at home over the rest of this week, please inform the College of this via reply to the text message sent earlier this morning (0400 213 039). These absences will be coded as reasonable absence once explained.
- Visitors to the College should only be for essential services. All visitors must report to Administration, wear a mask and sign in on entry.
- All large events at the College have been postponed or cancelled as appropriate. Camps, inter-school sport, performances with audiences that do not allow for social distancing measures to be adhered to will be postponed or cancelled.
- Smaller group extra-curricular activities will continue this week.
- Therapy and Third Party services will continue if essential for well-being or curriculum delivery.
- Work Experience over the Term 2 break will be postponed until Term 3. Other substitute arrangements will be put in place for Term 3 as needed to assist students achieve required units towards their WACE.
- At this stage, COVID cleaning arrangements are continuing for the next 4 days. Term 3 cleaning, at this point in time, will return to “before and after school” cleaning, with special attention to high contact surfaces as usual. Canning Vale College will continue with our “Day Cleaner” as was the procedure since 2016, prior to COVID.
- Our uniform supplier Uniform Concepts will be closed with immediate effect. Stores plans to reopen during the second week of the school holidays on Monday 12 July.